1/29/11

What is love?

Love:
Love is patient, love is kind, love is not self seeking, love is eternal, God is love. The list that defines love goes on, and on, and on. When I say "I love" something, what does this mean? Does it mean that I have surpassed control of my feelings? Is love a choice that you do have full control over? What is your definition of love? I look forward to reading all of your feedback to this question.

God:
The truth is that Love has different meanings for different people. Different strokes for different folks! Whenever someone says that they "know" everything, run as fast as you can from them, because only God knows "all" things.

Personal Inventory:
So, I say that I love hair. Do I really love hair? Yes, 110%! But whenever I "love" something, I always ask my self if this love is healthy or unhealthy, if it is an obsession or an addiction. Here are some questions to ask yourself in order to gain enhanced clarity. Do I use rent or mortgage money to buy hair? Do I use child support money to buy hair instead of clothes for my child? Do I use money better used to move out my parents home to buy hair? These are questions that only we can answer, and we must be honest with ourselves. I know many women and men who buy 100% Virgin Remy Human Hair. These hair loving acquaintances have "all" (at some point in time) used funds designated for a bill, to buy hair. I even know a few people that have done things outside of their character in order to support their hair love.

Balance:
If you are like me and love hair, it is a great idea to do a budget, and inventory of your personal goals to see if your hair love is negatively impacting your overall life goals. Change begins "only" with you. If you can comfortably support your hair fetish, more power, and more hair to you suga!!!!!! However, if you compare your budget and personal inventory and hair is preventing you from excelling in your life, you may want to take a step back on your hair consumption; just a thought. What's the point in gaining all the hair in the world, and slowly loosing your future? Just a nugget out of the hairaholic big book :)

Peace and Blessings.

Celeste.